nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry Mulch

  • From: "O'Barr, R. D." <topgun@otelco.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry Mulch
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:05:30 -0600

I am trying Gurney's whopper this year. Anyone have any luck with it? I have
tried and liked Surecrop, Catskill, and Fairfax here and all have done well
after a season of removing all blooms and runners first.
I am having a lot of trouble with the twig girdler on my oriental
persimmons. Is it the same girdler that attacks pecan and hickory, i.e., the
hickory twig girdler? One branch clipped had 14 persimmons and the other
branch on the same tree about the same number. They are still cutiing limbs
on Nov 1 as the branch still had green leaves and I check most every day.
Topgun
Zone 7