nafex - Re: [NAFEX] red wine and health

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] red wine and health
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 08:07:38 -0500

Hello,

At issue are the flavonoids and antioxidants found in the skin.

general rule of thumb is the darker the fruit skin, the higher the concentrations of this useful compounds.

You hear wonderful things about blueberries for the same reason. I imagine blueberry wine would leave grape wine in the dust.

Black currants have similar properties.

A good article can be found here;
http://www.ffnmag.com/NH/ASP/strArticleID/489/strSite/FFNSite/articleDisplay.asp

Later,