nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tomato anecdotes

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tomato anecdotes
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:41:45 -0500

I'm sure you are correct about adventurous chefs helping to popularize
out-of-the-ordinary produce. Another difference may be that the season
for fresh, locally grown produce is quite short in Minnesota. My theory
is that Minnesotans are just darn happy to finally have fresh tomatoes
and don't ask many questions about what kind, taste, etc. -- Sam
Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.