nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [SPAM] where is everybody?

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [SPAM] where is everybody?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:01:16 -0500

Stephen,  I notice that things get really quiet right after the meeting, I have wondered if they are all talked out on the subject, but I think they are just busy.   A 23 degree freeze this spring pretty well got our stone fruit and pears, and the ducks got the late tomatoes, so I'm not all that busy.  Mostly I've been hauling water to try to make up for the continuing drought.  I'd like my young trees to do the usual fall root growth, a bit hard to do when the ground is dry 3 feet deep.     Donna