nafex - [NAFEX] Goblin Market

  • From: "Mark or Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Goblin Market
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:47:59 -0500

Hi Folks,

I've been waiting for a slow time to post this, and this seems as slow as
any. I wanted to recommend a poem/story called the Goblin Market. It's
something my daughter had me read. I'll warn you it takes about 20 min.,
but if you like poetry, or just a good story, it's worth the effort. I am
posting it because "fruits" are one of the themes of the ballad. I hope you
enjoy it as much as I did.

Mark Angermayer
Zone 5 Kansas

Goblin Market- Christina Rossetti (circa-1862)

http://www.victorianweb.org/authors/crossetti/gobmarket.html

P.S. The ballad is in two columns, which can be a little confusing. Read
the first column all the way through before you start the second.