nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 08:51:37 -0700

The wax-resin-oil or tallow mix would probably be the most universally available. However, why not use a latex-containing sap if it's available? Depending on the species of plant, if it has enough latex in it, it could dry to a tough enough coating to protect a graft.
Clay would work if you could protect it enough to keep it from cracking off before the graft healed.
-Lon Rombough