nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:01:51 -0700

Here's an old formula for grafting wax:
<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>One formula for grafting wax that is probably hundreds of years old contains one part beeswax, one part plant resin, and sufficient lard or tallow to make the wax soft and pliable.  Charcoal is frequently added to prevent the sun's rays from hitting the newly joined tissue.  This remains a practical formula for home use today.
I've seen recipes that used linseed oil instead of tallow.
-Lon Rombough</x-tad-bigger>