nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 06:38:09 -0500

Grafting goes back thousands of years, and have been mentioned in Romans chapter 11,

"11:17  But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them, and became partaker with them of the root and of the richness of the olive tree;
11:18  don't boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who support the root, but the root supports you.
11:19  You will say then, "Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in."

My Great grand parents who originally from Lebanon, used to graft the wild olives. They used to wrap the graft with the bark of green mulberries branch. Then apply some moist soil and wrap the whole thing with a peice of cloth.

Bass,

Zone 6, Pa