nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple grafting

  • From: bruce <rural@threeriverwb.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple grafting
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:13:15 -0500

I did 7 chip bud grafts the other day. I'm trying to save an old, old apple tree that sits along a highway not far from me. It always looks like it's on the brink of dying but every year it comes back and bears fruit. I cut a scion from it and made my grafts from that. I just got 25# of apples from it. Hope some of my grafts from it take.

I've got about a dozen successful grafts growing now from last year's grafting.

Don't know how long it takes for the leaf stems to drop off, but I'm sure someone here does know.

bruce