nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Golden Berry (aka. Cape Gooseberry)

  • From: Stefan Brandle <sbrandle@css.taylor.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Golden Berry (aka. Cape Gooseberry)
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:38:06 -0400

One variety you might want to explore is the Grand Feru Popedy. This
hybrid has been said to be an outstanding specimen, and is ideal in
a lot of different environments, from more dry, desert terrain to
richer soils, such as sandy looms/good drainage.

So where does one get this? Seed Savers Exchange and Southern Exposure Seed
Exchange do list a few varieties, but where does one look for seeds for all
the other varieties?

Thanks,
-- sb
NE Indiana, zone 5B, where whatever variety of Cape gooseberry I have is
looking good and cranking out the fruit. From past memory, I would say that
it will be end of July or early August before the first fruit is ripe.