nafex - Re: [NAFEX] other wildlife-feeding

  • From: nbeaureg@student.umass.edu
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Hélène Dessureault" <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • Cc: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] other wildlife-feeding
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 19:09:52 -0400

the orchard i work for hangs the most heavily perfumeed soap that can be found
on young apple and plum trees.
to the best of my knoledge it is more effective in warm weather than in
below 32°F. the caviat is the soap is very apealing to mice, to not let the
soap
that disolves run down the main stem.

alternatly if deer are a pest to your crops you may be able to shoot them.

nathan beauregard
5 bordering 4 MA