nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Limb spreading

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Limb spreading
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:07:20 -0500

Mark,

I use rubber bands that will degrade after about 3 months and a twisted paper twine that also degrades in about 3 months. 3 months is just about the right amount of time to get the peach branches to grow laterally. The rubber bands and twine will eventually break on their own and you will only need to replace them each June if the scaffold tends to grow upward again. Hope this helps.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark or Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>