nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Roses for hips?

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Roses for hips?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 08:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

Try some taste-tests on flowering crabs this fall. The true crabs-- clusters
of
berries. Last year, after exploring autumn-olives, I started tasting little
crabapples. (I figured they couldn't be any worse than some of the
autumn-olives!)
I was surprised how many of them were "OK/ usable", and how much some of them
reminded me of rosehips, but easier to work with.