nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Drooping Pear Branches

  • From: Doc Lisenby <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Drooping Pear Branches
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:45:05 -0400

It seems to be a normal thing here. Last year was a heavy bearing year on my Warren and after harvest they never went back up to horizontal. Every year is a bumper crop year on my Orient, much to my dismay, and limb breakage is common. My neighbor's hard pears also bear heavily. Most branches never get horizontal, much less anywhere near vertical in a mature heavily bearing tree. There was a discussion about apples that they bear better when the limbs are horizontal or something like that.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8 So. Car.