nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Drooping Pear Branches

  • From: Doc Lisenby <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Drooping Pear Branches
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:21:51 -0400

Sam, I only have one Warren and am well satisfied with it, but Fire Blight took out some of its limbs a few years ago. It is the only pear I have ever tried here which will produce a good French-type pear here in this locale.
I haven't tried Moonglow or Magness. Seems like T. O. found a winner for the South. If anyone else has a comparable pear which is proven to produce in this zone, I'd like to hear about it.
Doc, Zone 7/8