nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Drooping pear branches

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Drooping pear branches
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:59:02 -0400

My Patten tree does about the same. I find Patten to be more difficult to give a nice shape than other varieties such as Golden Spice or Flemish Beauty. I guess this is a varietal caracteristic. On the other hand, I find the fruit to be one of the best for my cold climate, and this compensates for the bad growing habit.

Claude Jolicoeur, Quebec, zone 4.