nafex - [NAFEX] I want a fruit-storage cooler.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] I want a fruit-storage cooler.
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:25:53 EDT

tanisgrif  wrote:

<<Some people want a deck w/ a hot-tub; I want a fruit-storage cooler.>>

Watch the papers. I've seen walk in coolers for sale by beer & wine stores. Seems they get them when more cold storage space is needed then later build a refrigerated area and sell the coolers. I purchased one such and have seen several others advertised.

One thing to watch for, some compressors are "indoor compressors." The design uses a light weight oil that becomes too thick if the temp gets down to about 10 degrees and wears out quickly. The walk in cooler I bought was setting indoors in the rear of the store and lasted 2 winters out doors here. The new compressor was more than I paid for the entire unit 2 years prior.  Still, I only have $2,700 total in mine.

No, I wouldn't trade mine for a hot tub!  Not 2.
Jerry