nafex - Re: [NAFEX] I want a fruit-storage cooler.

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] I want a fruit-storage cooler.
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:39:37 -0500

Another option for a cooler, depending on the size you want, is to purchase a refrigerated box off a wrecked truck like we did.  Well, we didn't actually purchase one from a salvage yard....we just took the one off our wrecked truck and set it on a frame we built from railroad ties.  Works great!  We set it next to our packing room and use it for cider storage.  I would guess that you could find one at a salvage yard somewhere pretty cheap.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com