nafex - [NAFEX] Tomato?

  • From: "Glen Skinner" <glenkskinner@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Tomato?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:30:35 -0600

I sometimes leave two tomato plants in one hole. Whether the plants are determinate or indeterminate, I get roughly the same total production from the two plants as I get from one plant grown alone. Both plants usually grow fine, but each is reduced enough in vigor to limit per plant production. Basically, the only reason I have found to grow two plants together is as a backup in case some creature decides to kill off one of the plants. My plants were grown in the ground, not in pots.

Glen