nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tomato?

  • From: John Smith <friendly27sw@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tomato?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:04:12 -0800 (PST)

Around here in Missouri the typically high summer
humidity results in defoliation of tomatoes due to
early blight and Septoria leafspot. Anything I can do
to spread the plants apart and increase air movement,
sunlight penetration and general plant vigor seems to
help. I think planting two tomatoes to a hole would
not be advantageous in this climate.