nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fruit Bags

  • From: "Michelle Horner" <shelly2@wi.rr.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fruit Bags
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 06:56:49 -0600

Didn't one of our members try the clear plastic bags on some of the soft skin fruit last year or the year before? And found that it did not work; fruit got mushy or something? The remay sounds like a good idea. How about just cutting rounds or squares and gathering them manually and holding the gather with the twist tie? No sewing involved? I must try the cheapo WalMart sandwich bags this year on apples. I'm dyin' here with plum curculio early and oriental fruit moth late. Odd how they do not seem to affect the plums???
Michelle Horner zone 4 5 SE Wis