nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Beach Plum

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Beach Plum
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 07:21:37 -0500

Hi Jim,

I devote a whole chapter of my book about uncommon fruits to beach plum. Briefly, though, the jelly have been a very popular item in Cape Cod for decades, although sometimes those jellies contained a lot of other stuff also, like apple. Also, some varieties are very tasty out of hand.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden
A Northeast Gardener's Year