nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Round-Up Revisted; Poast

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Round-Up Revisted; Poast
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:40:04 -0800 (PST)

Glyphosate no & yes:

I'd avoid getting even the dilute/herbacious solution of glyphosate onto the
dormant
bark of desireable woody plants. Especially those w/ thin bark. It can cause
damage. Protect trunks of stuff you want to keep safe, by wrapping
temporarily w/
something which will exclude spray & drift.

Yes autumn is a GREAT time to spray glyphosate, except you might need a
slightly
stronger solution if fallen leaves are covering a portion of the target
plants'
green leaves. (I'm thinking of patches of garlic-mustard in the woods, for
example.)

Poast:

I forget if I tried Poast or Vantage or each. But I never got better than a
slowing
or subduing of quackgrass, from one spray. Treatment in spring AND fall for
at
least 2 years is needed to destroy it.