nafex - Re: [NAFEX] persimmon seed sprouting

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] persimmon seed sprouting
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:50:57 -0600

I usually just clean the remaining pulp off of them, after I've mashed them around in a colander to separate the pulp, then dump them in a ziploc bag, with just the water adhering to them from cleaning, squeeze out as much air as is possible, and stick 'em in the fridge; no peat, no paper towels. Then, I plant in spring - whenever I can get around to getting them in the ground. Seems like I get close to 110% germination(for all you sports fans).

Lucky