nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafted Pine Trees email

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafted Pine Trees email
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:21:54 -0500

Joan,
I think the T-shirt is trying to make humor about the disruptive nature of life.

As a grower, I am familiar with disruptions that are expected, like codling moth, and ones that aren't expected, like grey squirrels who somehow figure out how to carry away entire multi-nut huge burs of my special grafted "Luvall's Monster" chestnut.  Chestnuts are not only supposed to be the only squirrel-resistant nut due to the sharp burs, but at that size the bur's weight must rival that of the squirrel.  So, the t-shirt is trying to point out that dream following isn't as direct as it is implied to be!

Oh, I got another t-shirt yesterday.  This one is better...I hope you can see the humor in this one:
"Ask not what your mother can do for you,
ask what you can do for your mother"
Charlie Paradise  humor zone 5 in Massachusetts

joanrrosenberg@aol.com wrote:

What's wrong?  No one should have to put that kind of line on a tshirt.

Got a new t-shirt yesterday it reads:
"How do you follow your dreams when your life is a nightmare!"