nafex - [NAFEX] Grafted Pine Trees

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grafted Pine Trees
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:44:35 -0700

Does anyone know of a source of grafted trees of Pinus edulis or P. pinea, the two pine species grown for pine nuts? I've seen them in the past, but it has been years and I can't find the nursery that sold them. I suspect there may be small, local nurseries somewhere, but a mail order source would be the best.
Seed is available of both species, but both take so long to come into bearing that a tree grafted from an old, bearing tree would have to be faster.
-Lon Rombough