nafex - [NAFEX] plum tree, apricot tree problem

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] plum tree, apricot tree problem
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:55:59 -0700 (PDT)

My 4 yo Beauty plum tree is wilting - leaves are reddish, drooping,
curled in tubes, fairly evenly all over the tree (about 20% green).
The root suckers are thriving and green. It's much too early for fall
here, and the Santa Rosa next to it is still all green. It had a
small crop, long ago picked. It seems unlikely to be drought, since
it's the only tree affected (of some 25 assorted trees). What could
be happening, and is there any way to save it/prevent it?

And something similar happened to the Puget Gold apricot this spring -
it flowered, started to leaf out, then wilted and died. It's root
suckers are taller than me now. I hope something isn't going to pick
off all the stone fruits, one by one...

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Z7 - Sunset Z7 - 1800' - 19" annual rainfall