nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fruit-growing, rebuilding a city

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fruit-growing, rebuilding a city
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 01:06:02 -0700

It's not salt water in New Orleans, it's lake water. Storm surge saltwater
came ashore on the coasts of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida. I had
wondered about salt damage of plants after other hurricanes and the tsunami.
Plants adapted to those coastal areas seem to handle such surges reasonably
well.

Stephen