nafex - [NAFEX] a Glenora black grape with soft green wood

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] a Glenora black grape with soft green wood
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:05:49 -0500

In the early 70's the family ordered a Glenora black grape.

Apparantly the same vine still exists. A few years ago, I was on a ladder
picking Kahinta plums when I was astonished to see black grapes hanging in
the same tree. The vine hard wood is 3 feet long, then 6 feet more of soft
green wood.

Assuming the Glenora is worth retaining, what's my best protection method to
get this soft green wood to make it through the winter? In leaves? Buried?

Thanks
Charlie Paradise