nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fruit-growing, rebuilding a city

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fruit-growing, rebuilding a city
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:54:17 -0400

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:29:21 +0000, tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com> wrote:

I was thinking that the ENTIRE city will need to be rebuilt,
landscaping included. (How many species of trees & herbacious can survive 3 months' submersion?)

Hi,

How much of that water in New Orleans is saltwater?

Huricanes pick up water and carry it inland. If salt levels in the soil rise due to this movement of saltwater, or if saltwater breeched the levy system, soil concerns and salt toxicity come to mind.

I have never been to New Orleans, so possibly someone else is better informed.

Later,
Tom