nafex - Re: [NAFEX] english walnut - no production

  • From: Nathan Rhora <nrhora@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] english walnut - no production
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:37:25 -0700

Paul,

Have noted your problem with the English walnut not setting fruit each year.
It is possible that the two trees (whether they be seedlings or grafted) do
not
pollinate for many reasons. It is possible that the two trees are
different varieties and do not bloom at the same time that the catkin
is dispersed from the trees.

Here in Ontario, we are a Zone 4, we have a crop every year because of
the inter cropping of different seedling walnut trees. It would
surely help if you had other trees for cross pollination.

Hope this helps....

Charles Rhora
Rhora's Nut Farm & Nursery
website: http:/www.nuttrees.com