nafex - Re: [NAFEX] stooling-bed timeline?

  • From: Bob Hartman <hartmansfruittrees@wport.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] stooling-bed timeline?
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:26:16 -0700

Tanis,

I have red with considerable interest this thread on the propagation of the
OHXF rootstock. Did you use the stooling method that Lon describes of the
etiolation method (trench layering)? Please report back on how successful
you are with the process. I had tried stooling OHXF 333 a number of years
ago with zero success but have been very successful with stooling apple and
some success with the etiolation method with plum. I am willing to try again
if there is known success that other people have had with the OHXF rootstock.

Thanks,
Bob Hartman
Western Washington