nafex - Re: [NAFEX] how to prepare clingstone fruit

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] how to prepare clingstone fruit
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:44:02 -0400

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:38:45 -0700, you wrote:

>We used to have one local brand of tinned freestones,delicious
>raggedy halves which was the only kind we would buy when our
>home-bottled peaches ran out.

I used to buy really good canned raggedy peach halves too.
I have not seen them in stores in ages. Maybe they're still
around elsewhere, but our (two) local supermarkets are quite
basic and don't seem to have them.

The sadly now-departed Walnut Acres in Pennsylvania made
absolutely superb canned peaches, wonderful. (You can still
see Walnut Acres canned food, but they sold the name to some
big commercial outfit when they closed, and it's not the
same at all.)

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.