nafex - Re: [NAFEX] how to prepare clingstone fruit

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] how to prepare clingstone fruit
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:38:45 -0700

Jelly's the obvious suggestion for a clingstone, of course; and juice

Tinned peaches are mostly clings, so there must be some way the processors manage to remove the stone and get those perfect rubbery peach halves.

I don't know whether rubberiness is normal for clingstones, as I've always made sure to buy freestones.

We used to have one local brand of tinned freestones,delicious raggedy halves which was the only kind we would buy when our home-bottled peaches ran out.

Diane Whitehead Victoria B.C., Canada