nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ripening harvest

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ripening harvest
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:08:08 +0000

Ditto-- amazing harvests despite drought year, and the crumby weather during bloom. Only problems are, 1-- insects avoided some apple cultivars but heavily attacked others, and 2-- those which shed their apples right before ripening are REALLY shedding.

(Referring mostly to apples, but we also had nice black-raspberries, the wild blackcherries are great, and now a few blackberries.)

tc, s.WI, a county or 2 north & west of MH