nafex - Re: [NAFEX] The Case of the 'Poisonous' Pawpaw Cookies

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] The Case of the 'Poisonous' Pawpaw Cookies
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:17:28 -0500

At 09:07 AM 7/22/2005, you wrote:
My daughter Annie, the Pawpaw expert mentioned that the seeds have been reported to be toxic.  Is there a possibility that seeds were involved in any way?

No, no seeds.
And, as time goes on, I'm being more and more exonerated, as subsequent cases of GI upset are occurring in other folks who did not consume the cookies - beginning to look more like a possible viral etiology than Staph enterotoxin.

Lucky