nafex - Re: [NAFEX] The Case of the 'Poisonous' Pawpaw Cookies

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] The Case of the 'Poisonous' Pawpaw Cookies
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:13:09 -0500

At 11:05 AM 7/20/2005, Pat wrote:
Do you suppose it's possible that it was a stomach virus,
contracted by all those people at once?
I haven't ruled that possibility out, but every one here at the lab is enjoying ribbing me about poisoning my co-workers. I'll be a while living this one down.
We're having a cookout at lunch on Friday, and some wag put my name on the sign-up list, and out beside it, where we were supposed to be listing what we'd be bringing, they wrote "No Pawpaw Cookies!".
Can food poisoning really strike people 'within an hour' of
eating the item? That seems awfully fast.
Staph. enterotoxin B usually starts exhibiting its effects within 1-8 hours.

Lucky