nafex - [NAFEX] flowers on new grafts

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] flowers on new grafts
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:47:30 +0000

My grafting this May looks good so far, except for a couple which were from scionwood of apparently 2-year-old growth. I have a nice flower cluster on one brand-new graft, and nice flower buds on another.

I know I should carefully remove these flowers. Any suggestions on best technique, some way which won't disturb the new graft-union? And timing-- is it better to remove flowers ASAP, or do I give the graft a week or 2 or 3 to mend further?