nafex - [NAFEX] Fruity Opinions Wanted !!!

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruity Opinions Wanted !!!
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:29:41 -0400

Hello Again, Clan;

I'm asking for your opinions, if you have a moment.............

I'm trying to plan another section of the orchard in zone 4, Maine, and interested in your comments.
The purpose is to supply a roadside stand (tourist & local) and Farmers markets.
There are already 90 apple trees of various distinctions; no supermarket fodder.
The lot is 30,000 square feet, good slope SSE, good sun, clayish soil.

Question: If you had to choose between a tart cherry (Evans, Meteor, etc) or a Plum (Stanley, Mt. Royal, etc) which would you choose?? Maybe neither?

PS:    Last year I did a 'Fruit Buying Habits' questionnaire survey at work. 70 people responded to a number of market questions with various answers. Anybody interested in seeing the results?

Thanks as usual for the comments; good or bad. Actually, there are no bad comments, are there........

Murph