nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fruity Opinions Wanted !!!

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fruity Opinions Wanted !!!
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:29:17 -0400

On Jun 2, 2005, at 10:29 PM, Richard MURPHY wrote:

<x-tad-bigger>Hello Again, Clan;</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>I'm asking for your opinions, if you have a moment.............</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>. . .</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>Question: If you had to choose between a tart cherry (Evans, Meteor, etc) or a Plum (Stanley, Mt. Royal, etc) which would you choose?? Maybe neither?</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>. . .

I have no idea. Here are some thoughts and questions, though.

Do your customers come to you for novelty and variety? If so, tart cherries might be good, as they are hard to find fresh in the supermarket. Plums are easy to buy. But most people prefer eating plums out of hand, which can be a key buying decision.

You probably have more pricing leeway with the tart cherries, since your customers may have nothing to compare them to. But it might be easier to move plums.

Ginda