nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple trees unusual color

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple trees unusual color
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:54:41 -0400

What kind of trees are they?
It makes quite a difference as the colour of young trees bark vary quite a bit depending on the variety.
I grafted some Canada Red two years ago and the bark of my two small trees are quite red. Canada Red is a red apple but I never saw such a red bark before.
I am thinking that maybe the unusual colour of the bark is due to the variety.
Hélène, north of Ottawa, in zone 3-4