nafex - [NAFEX] Amphibian Decline/detergents

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Amphibian Decline/detergents
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:30:23 -0400

In northern Minnesota, do the residents wash their clothes in only soap? Or
do they use detergents? Do you know what is in detergents? Amphibians are
creatures mostly of wetlands, are they not? Where do detergent run-offs
generally go? They don't run up to the tops of mountains, do they?

My sister in law wanted to know right away when she arrived, where is the
detergent? I explained 98% of our clothes are washed only in soap. [look of
shock] But I can name the ingredients of soap and their ingredient's
origins. I challenge anyone to do that with detergent, which a scottish
study blamed for the worldwide decrease in sperm counts, among other
biological phenomenon.

I have never understood the willingness of people to abandon a proven-safe
technology like soap in favor of a mystery-brew like detergents and not for
the slightest good reason.
Charlie Paradise