nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Apple pollination

  • From: athagan@atlantic.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Apple pollination
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:48:36 -0400

I had this problem myself this year. Bought a Robusto and a Guthrie
Improved Chickasaw to complement my Methely and the native Chickasaws
and the two new plums bloomed completely out of synch with everything
else. I'm hoping that this was because they had gotten more chill
hours at the nursery up in the Panhandle so bloomed before the rest
and this won't be a problem next year. Huge blossom crop on the
Methely this year but it doesn't look like it set hardly anything.
Oh well...

.....Alan.

Quoting Stephen Sadler <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>:

> Then there's the plum on this new property - it picked a day to
> flower (seemed 10 minutes), and as no other local plums picked that

> particular day, and the bees were cold and sleepy, this tree may
> never fruit. I had another yard with many densely cropping
European
> plums, but the lone Japanese plum produced one fruit in ten
years...

This message was sent through Atlantic.Net Webmail.

Sick of pop-up ads and climbing prices?

Visit www.atlantic.net to get pure Internet for $19.95/mo.