nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Annurca

  • From: "Bruce Hansen" <brucedhansen@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Annurca
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:12:25 -0500

REFRESHING STUFF
-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of David Doud
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 12:52 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers

I'm very much with you,  Jerry - - people don't complain that a bananna is soft...
the 'hard and crisp' texture ideal is very much a late 20th century thing - - hard and crisp corrolates with improved dental health that allows a person to handle that texture - many of the heirloom varieties never exhibit this ideal - rather they were selected for their flavor,  special use suitibility,  or the maitanence of quality/development of flavor in common storage - - I fight this every year - people can not get past the texture to enjoy the flavor...