nafex - Re: [NAFEX] sports and mutations, more

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] sports and mutations, more
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:17:54 -0800

Mutations don't happen that often. Using water sprouts isn't any more likely to bring out something different than any other scion wood. Water sprouts from low on a seedling (not grafted) tree might produce trees that are in a partial juvenile phase and will take longer to grow into a fruiting stage, but that's all.
-Lon Rombough