nafex - Re: [NAFEX] American Slow-Food "Hall of Fame"

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] American Slow-Food "Hall of Fame"
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:28:13 -0500

On Mar 9, 2005, at 9:12 AM, Lon J. Rombough wrote:

They called me to ask about heirloom grapes and I didn't give them any, because taste is so subjective, as well as regional. That, and the fact that tastes are changing in grapes so fast that new varieties of table grapes are very different than "antique" ones.
-Lon Rombough

Certainly true. Nevertheless, I'm curious. Any idea whether the Norton grape they named will do well further north? I searched on it rapidly and got references mostly down around Virginia and Missouri.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly