nafex - Re: [NAFEX] downside of free potassium source

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] downside of free potassium source
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:29:50 -0500

Stephen Sadler wrote:

> I would say the jury's still out on the Aluminum-Alzheimer's connection. I
> haven't seen anything definitive either way. I use a simple risk-benefit
> analysis: If aluminum contributes to dementia, avoidance would be
> beneficial. If it does not, avoidance is harmless; so I avoid it.

Davis brand baking powder used to contain aluminum, as also Rolaids used to
contain aluminum [Rolaids no longer does]...crazy applications for a
metal...but it does cost something for a potassium source other than the free
granite dust from tombstone companies...in our area ground granite is called
"underlayment" used under brick as a base to lay the bricks on. It costs
cash...so you see avoidance of the free potassium does cost something
here...but it doesn't cost to avoid consumer products with aluminum.

> I don't use aluminum utensils, cookware, or toiletries or medicines that
> contain Aluminum, and I don't use soil amendments that contain it.

Took a dull aluminum stock pot, put tomatoes in it, then the pot became
bright and shiny. Obviously movement of metal going on there and it can
only come out into the tomato food.

I have heard clay described as "decomposed aluminum" and it can be 78%
aluminum...yet clay is used daily in parts of the world, people dip their
meat in clay as they are eating as a precaution against food poisoning. I
suppose that alone might make us not worry about aluminum consumption...
Charlie Paradise
bright and shiny in Massachusetts