nafex - RE: [NAFEX] downside of free potassium source

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] downside of free potassium source
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:57:19 -0800

I would say the jury's still out on the Aluminum-Alzheimer's connection. I
haven't seen anything definitive either way. I use a simple risk-benefit
analysis: If aluminum contributes to dementia, avoidance would be
beneficial. If it does not, avoidance is harmless; so I avoid it. I don't
use aluminum utensils, cookware, or toiletries or medicines that contain
Aluminum, and I don't use soil amendments that contain it.

The aluminum content of food is pretty unavoidable, although hopefully less
in an all-organic diet.

Fruits tend to have low aluminum levels. Mussels and Parmesan, not so low.
Yet, delicious.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate