nafex - [NAFEX] blueberries for neutral soil

  • From: "kieran or donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] blueberries for neutral soil
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:46:59 -0600

Mark, I almost always bark graft, so that's what I did with blueberry on
some kind of wild vaccinium... I got a take two years ago (out of 2 grafts)
and though it's barely grown (you might blame the pine tree overhead) it has
a flower bud or two on it. We have a couple of inedible vacciniums that
are very woody and twiggy, one at least is graceful in shape, the other is
just plain ugly. I don't know if that would help you figure out what it
is... we are in Tennessee, and both have woody stems, not green like
blueberries. Maybe Hector could tell you what we have here in the
Not-blueberry vaccinium department. Mind you, it's acid soil here, we also
have some kind of very short wild blueberry on our property. We DON'T have
to add sulfur like Hector does! Donna