nafex - Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit plant/legal Q

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit plant/legal Q
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:48:27 -0800 (PST)

It doesn't sound correct to me that a seller can label
a seedling of a hybrid cultivar with that cultivar
name. Some of the seed & plant laws vary state to
state, but the problem described looked to me like
fraud. (And of course we can trade stories about
whether a state's laws are even enforced!)

I agree with the advice below. And also check out the
grower & seller to see if they are technically
knowledgeable and ethical.